GATE VALVE ASSEMBLY(2-INCH) REPAIR.
This task consists of:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, App B)
Detergent, General Purpose (Item 1, App E)
Pipe Wrench (from accessory kit)
Wiping Rag (Item 2, App E)
Vice (Item 2, App B)
Tape, Anti-seize (Item 3, Appendix E)
Coupling Gasket (Item 3, App I)
Gate valve assembly removed (para 3-4a)
Packing (Item 9, App I)
Ensure that all parts identified as mandatory replacement parts are discarded and replaced with
Disassembly. Refer to figure 4-5.
(1) Clamp gate valve body (13) in vise
(2) Remove gasket (1) from female coupling (2)
(3) Using pipe wrench, unscrew female coupling (2) from valve body (I 3).
(4) Using pipe wrench, unscrew male coupling (3) from valve body (13).
(5) Turn handwheel (5) fully clockwise to close valve.
(6) Remove handwheel nut (4) and handwheel (5) from stem (I1).
(7) Using pipe wrench, remove bonnet ring (9) from valve body (13) Lift bonnet (10) and attached parts from
(8) Slide disc (12) from end of stem ( 1).
(9) Unscrew packing nut (6) from bonnet (10).
(10) Remove packing gland (7) and packing (8) from bonnet (10)
(11) Unscrew stem (11) from bottom of bonnet (10).
(1) Wash all components with clean water and detergent.
(2) Rinse components in clean water and dry with wiping rag