(1) Remove all build up of dirt, oil, and debris from all surfaces.
Serious injury can result in breathing fumes of dry cleaning solvent A-A-711. Serious injury or
death can result from explosion of fumes from solvent When using this solvent:
Clean parts in a well ventilated area.
Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and prolonged exposure of
kin to cleaning solvent Wash exposed skin thoroughly.
Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. Flash point of
solvent is 100° F to 138° F (38 C to 59° C)
Wear eye protection when blowing solvent from parts. Air pres-
sure should not exceed 30 psig (2.1 kg/cm2).
(2) Clean all metallic parts with a clean soft cloth or a medium bristle brush, and cleaning solvent Be sure to re-
move all gasket adhesive residue if gasket material is being replaced.
(3) Allow parts to dry.
c. Inspection. Inspect all metal parts for cracks, corrosion, or broken fittings.
d. Repair. Repair of limited to the replacement of parts found defective during inspection.
e. Assembly. (Refer to Figure 4-4.)
(1) Apply adhesive to four bumpers (14) and install bumpers onto side panel assembly (7).
(2) Install new gasket material (13) if old gasket material was removed. Refer to Appendix G for gasket material
(3) Install four snap fastener (12) into side panel assembly (7).
(4) Install pin (11) and spring pin (10) Repeat for other pins.
(5) Install eight new rivets (8) and four turnlock receptacles (9) into side panel assembly (7).
(6) Squeeze open ends of latch assembly handle (6) together, place ends of latch assembly handle into latch
retainer on side panel assembly (7), and release ends of latch assembly handle to engage handle with latch retainer.
(7) Install drawbolt (4), pin (3), and washer (2), and cotter pin (1) into latch assembly (5).
(8) Repeat steps (5) and (6) for other latch assembly handles (6) as required.
(9) Install side panel assembly onto skid per paragraph 2-8.