Examine the injector pump gear for signs of excessive wear, cracks, pitting, or other damage.
Figure 5-34. Injector Pump Gear.
Injector Pump Gear Installation (see Appendix F, Figure 58).
(1) Install the injector pump gear (13) so that the timing marks
on the injector pump gear and hub (11) are aligned
(see Figure 5-34).
(2) Install the three securing setscrews (6) and torque to 19-21
lb.-ft. (26-28 Nm).
(3) Install the idler gear and hub (see e above).
(4) Install timing case cover (see a above).
Injector Pump Drive Hub Removal (see Appendix E Figures 58 and 64).
Remove the timing case cover (see a above).
Remove injector pump gear (see h above).
Remove the low and high pressure fuel lines from the injector pump (15, Appendix F, Figure 64).
Remove the injector pump securing setscrews (14) and nut (16) and withdraw the pump (15).
(5) Remove the drive hub locating retaining ring (19, Appendix F, Figure 58) and withdraw the drive hub (11)
from its bearing (10) (See Figure 5-35).
Figure 5-35. Injector Pump Drive Hub
The bearing is an interference fit in the
cylinder block. If the block is completely
stripped, replace by using a suitable dolly
and puller or press, the new one being fitted
in the reverse order.
(6) Examine the drive hub and bearing for signs of excessive
wear, surface cracks, pitting, or other damage.
Injector Pump Drive Hub Installation (see Appendix E Figure 58 and 64).
Figure 5-36. Injector Pump Retaining Ring .
(1) Install the drive hub (11, Appendix F, Figure 58) in the
bearing (10) and locate with the retaining ring (8) (see
(2) Check the drive hub end float using feeler gages placed
between the front face of the bearing and the rear face of
the drive hub. The end float limits are 0.002-0.010 in.