OPERATOR AND UNIT MAINTENANCE MANUAL
(INCLUDING REPAIR PARTS AND SPECIAL TOOLS LIST)
TANK, FABRIC, COLLAPSIBLE, WATER STORAGE,
20,000 AND 50,000 GALLONS
OPERATION UNDER UNUSUAL CONDITIONS
OPERATION IN EXTREME HEAT
Observe the following precautions when operating the water tank in extreme heat:
Avoid unnecessary folding, unfolding or rolling of the empty water
tank. Cracks can develop in the tank fabric causing damage.
a. Protect tank from extreme heat by covering with tarp, setting up in a shaded area, or by
constructing a sun block.
b. Ventilate area around the tank. Airflow should circulate freely around tank.
c. Do not store in direct sunlight.
OPERATION IN EXTREME COLD
If the tank is used in temperatures below freezing [32°F (0°C)], caution
must be used to prevent water in the tank or in contact with the fluid
discharge fittings from freezing. If water freezes, damage may occur
to the tank and/or fittings.
Avoid any unnecessary folding, unfolding, or rolling of tank in freezing
temperatures. Cracks can develop in the tank fabric causing damage.
1. Do not allow ice to accumulate on the tank or the fill/discharge fittings.
2. Keep snow and ice clear of the vent assembly.
OPERATION IN SALT WATER AREAS
Salt water causes corrosion. Use fresh, clean water to wash salt deposits off all fittings. Examine fittings
for corrosion after washing. Report any corrosion to the immediate supervisor.
OPERATION IN DUSTY, SANDY OR SNOWY CONDITIONS
1. Keep dust caps in place on fittings and couplings until ready to use.
2. Carefully inspect coupling gaskets. Remove all dust, dirt, sand or snow from gaskets before
3. Wind may blow dust, sand, or snow under one side of the tank, which may cause the tank to roll over.
OPERATION AT HIGH ALTITUDES
No special procedures are required for operation at high altitudes.