Emergency Repairs Using Sealing Clamps
Small slits, tears, or cuts [not to exceed 6 inches (15.24 cm) in length] may be repaired with sealing
The size of the damaged area (opening) needing repair will govern the size of the clamp needed. Select
clamp size as follows:
1. For holes (tears) less than 2 inches (5.08 cm) in length, use the 3-inch (7.62 cm) clamp.
2. For holes (tears) 2 to 4 inches (5.08 to 10.16 cm) in length, use the 5-inch (12.7 cm) clamp.
3. For holes (tears) 4 to 6 inches (10.16 to 15.24 cm) in length, use the 7-1/2-inch (19 cm) clamp.
It may be necessary to increase the size of the fabric tear in order to be able to
insert the bottom plate clamp through the tear. Use extreme care when enlarging
a tear. Tension in the fabric may cause the fabric to tear further.
4. Loop cord around wrist (1) to prevent loss of clamp into tank.
5. Slip the bottom plate of the clamp (2) through the hole or tear and rotate it until it is centered and its
length runs with the tear.