8. Scribe a line on the pinion drive, shift lever and
starting motor housings for correct alignment at
9. Remove six bolts (14) and pinion drive housing
10. If necessary remove the O-ring seal and bushing
from the drive housing.
12. Remove retainer (16) with tool (A). Remove shift
lever pin (18) and the O-ring seals from the pin if
13. Remove pinion drive assembly (17) and the shift
11. Remove the plug, nut (15) and the plunger
assembly from the shift lever housing.
14. Remove the brake disc from the armature shaft.
Remove five bolts (20), shift lever housing assembly
(19) and the washer. Remove the outside O-ring seals
15. Remove the lip-type seal and bushing from the shift
lever housing if necessary.