ROCKER SHAFTS, CYLINDER HEADS
6. Put shaft (1) and the rocker arm assemblies in
position on bracket (5) with the adjustment screws on
the same side as the oil hole on the bottom of the
7. Make sure the flat surfaces on shaft (1) are turned
up. Install locks (7), the washers and bolts (6).
Tighten the bolts to a torque of 18 ± 5 lb.ft. (24 ± 7
install rocker shafts and push rods
REMOVE CYLINDER HEADS
Water Sleeve Tool
remove air compressor
remove air cleaner housing and panel assembly
remove belt tightener (water pump)
remove exhaust manifolds
remove fuel injection lines and air inlet manifold
remove rocker shafts and push rods
remove fuel injection nozzles
1. Drain the coolant from the cooling system.
2. Remove bolts (1), the washers, plate (2) and the
gasket from the timing gear cover.
3. Remove bolt (3) and the washer that holds the guide
for the oil level gauge.
4. Remove bolts (5) and the washers to remove
alternator bracket (4) from the engine.